“Harnessing Youth Voices, Effectively”
Project Title: “Harnessing Youth Voices, Effectively”
Group Number: 11
NGO Project Lead: Wilaiwan (Nannapat)
Project Participants: Kyaw, Nammapolt, Tristram, Ed, Rutel, Seapa, Jenny, Ruby
Summary of the Problem
This is a description of the problem situation. What kind of people mission better if this problem is solved?
How can we create a reporting outlet and strategy for engaging youth voices, in order to make these groups feel like they are being heard, literally, through voice, video, images, and blogs?
This should provide an outline of the basic need that would solve the above problem.
Use existing popular social media tools to leverage where popular youths already are, as a means to engage more youths to do social good (e.g., Line, Twitter, Facebook).
Technology to Solve the Problem
Areas of technology that you believe have the potential to solve this problem? (eg mobile devices, social networks, geospatial technology, etc.). As the proposed solution could be used?
YouTube Facebook Ustream Smartphone iPad Webcams for PCs
What other information could help technologists working on this idea?
10-series video infographic during flood: simple, easy-to-understand, what to do during crisis, accurate data is very important.
Once a potential solution has been developed, what is your plan of action to implement it? Should arise as a series of steps and goals, preferably together with actions assigned to a specific group of people.
Create a platform/toolkit where youths learn about, how to create, and tasks to make social change.
Varying levels of engagement:
- Low: like of Facebook
- Medium: to post on your social networks, e.g., “do something” tweets
- High: engage people offline
- Various NGO’s post infographic to webpage
- Youths comment underneath infographic
- Youths shared link to infographic on FB, Twitter
- Youths come to learn about different causes
- NGO’s educate college students at universities or via videos
- NGO’s create scholarships/externships to teenagers who shared the most creative infographic to their friends