Building a platform with resources for NGOs
Video & Presentation
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXA210OUFoU Video Presentation
- File:13 ppt tech camp last saved 50.pptx
- Building a platform with resources for NGOs
NGO Project Lead:
- Aranita, Open Data Albania
All Project Participants:
Summary of the Problem
This is a description of the problem situation. What kind of people mission better if this problem is solved?
- How do we create networks around NGOs working on similar projects across different countries, connecting local efforts to a global context.
- Connecting resources available on data sites with the NGOs who would be best placed to use them in their advocacy work.
- Raising awareness for issues by re-using technology solutions that have been successful in other environments.
This should provide an outline of the basic need that would solve the above problem.
- Ushahidi (kallxo.com, Smart Tourist Albania)
- Publiconn – funding, reports, …
- OpenSoros – can existing knowledge about activities not be shared?
- Funding opportunities
- EU funding increases, smaller donors disappear (OSF, USAID, ...)
- EU requires partnership between EU member states and candidate countries
- Give and Gain (EU level), NGOs promote their platforms
- Knowledge resources
- Data libraries, sharing outputs: reports, by theme, author, language
- Who is doing what, what methodologies to they share?
Technology to Solve the Problem
Areas of technology that you believe have the potential to solve this problem? (eg mobile devices, social networks, geospatial technology, etc.).
What other information could help technologists working on this idea? Other events are in progress.
Once a potential solution has been developed, what is your plan of action to implement it?