Collecting, integrating and sharing Information
Collecting, Integrating and Sharing Information
The problem-solution sets provide a method to detail everything needed to galvanize support for addressing a critical problem facing an NGO or grass roots organization.
Summary of the Problem
How NGO's can share information between each other so that they don't duplicate efforts and know how to collaborate.
Currently in Indonesia there's no place were all the NGO's activities are together.
Description of the Need
We need a place were every NGO can put their activities and also show this in a very interactive and easy way keeping it updated.
Who Needs This?
Every NGO that want to work or is working in Indonesia, Donors or Civil Society that want to know how and were they can help.
- Mobile technology that enable NGO update from every place
- A map that can show the NGO activities
- An easy updating platform that can add information of the activitie
An NGO want to go an help in a far away Island, so they want to know if another NGO is already there or there is information of any past activitie of an NGO on that island.
We know about some map from OCHA.
http://fprb.wordpress.com (NGO Forum)
What Resources Are Needed
- Mobile Technologye like FrontlineSMS
- A Mapping solution like Ushahidi or Crowdmap
- We need a website platform to put aditional information of the activities
To enable the more frequently update of information is really important to have Satellite phones for the activities in remote areas without any conectivity.
This problem-solution set has been added to the Random Hacks of Kindness Hackathon for June 4-5
- Implement an Ushahidi instance
- Integrate that instance with FrontlineSMS
- Motivate NGO to start putting information starting with 7 that build this proyect
NGO working on this project
- FHI - Yanti Triswan
- Mercy Corps - Dini Isnaeni
- AMAN - Annas Radin Syarif
- OXFAM Program in Timor Leste - Jaime Soares
- Humanitarian for Indonesia - Apri Sulistyo
- PMI - Ariajeng Fahreni
- Muhammadiyah Disaster Management Center - Arif Nur Khol
- Digitales por Chile - Pedro Fuentes Schuster