- Gender Mainstreaming
NGO Project Lead:
- Women’s Alliance for Development, Ana Milovic, Montenegro
All Project Participants:
- Vedrana Kobas, CES, Croatia
- Maja Barisic, OSCE, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- IT: Irina Shumadieva, Metamorphosis, Macedonia
Summary of the Problem
This is a description of the problem situation. What kind of people mission better if this problem is solved? Women face different forms of discrimination in the labour market and at work place.
- Companies are not taking into account the benefits of equal gender representation
- Women often are not paid equally as men for the same job position.
- There are fewer women on leading positions in the business sector
- Companies often lack gender sensitive policies in the working environment
- Direct beneficiaries are working women, women who are in a job search, companies
This should provide an outline of the basic need that would solve the above problem.
To engage companies in the process we will provide them with the option to propose questions to be included in a research. The main purpose of the research is to provide data gender structure, existing gender policies, characteristics of working environment, needs and habits of men and women employees and employers, but also to create friendly working environment and to increase efficiency and productivity of companies. After the initial phase, different tools and methodologies, offline and online promotion of the importance of gender sensitive employers will be used, which in the end should result with more socially responsible companies, less discrimination and better economy.
Technology to Solve the Problem
Areas of technology that you believe have the potential to solve this problem? (eg mobile devices, social networks, geospatial technology, etc.).
- Online research (surveymonkey)
- Web platform for mapping the gender sensitivity of the companies
- Social Media
- Visualizing data (infographic, videographic, presentations)
- Badge for the companies who will show most improvement in creating gender friendly environment
What other information could help technologists working on this idea? Other events are in progress.
- This is virtual company for simulation of the ideal working environment based on research data
Once a potential solution has been developed, what is your plan of action to implement it?
- Kick off event
- Research conduct
- Creation of the web platform
- Social media promotion
- Offline event for sharing the data from the research and promotion of best practice companies
- Traditional media campaign