How can we increase awareness and mobilize the local community to slow the erosion of cultural heritage in Bangkok? “ Using the New to save the Old”
Video of Final Presentation
Project Title: How can we increase awareness and mobilize the local community to slow the erosion of cultural heritage in Bangkok? “ Using the New to save the Old”
Group Number: 6
NGO Project Lead:
Project Participants: Shawnz Neo, Michael, Jason
Summary of the Problem
This is a description of the problem situation. What kind of people mission better if this problem is solved?
Traditional heritage communities and buildings in Bangkok may be replaced with new property development
Pioneer, lost art, history, trail, heritage, walking tour, if the first one fall, the rest will follow suit (domino effect).architecture, No digital format. Group Size 100, no relocation plans,
Existing solution – museum
Awareness attention needed
Building a strong online community
This should provide an outline of the basic need that would solve the above problem.
- Raise awareness
- Create a support community
- Impact the authorities
Flashmob campaign to pull in traffic, awareness Crowd source images + videos in the area
Technology to Solve the Problem
Areas of technology that you believe have the potential to solve this problem? (eg mobile devices, social networks, geospatial technology, etc.). As the proposed solution could be used?
Website / blog Social Media with offline event to raise awareness New attraction point Digital walking tour (educational tour, AR) Social media platforms (Youtube, Facebook, Twitter, Flickr) Pinterest board Ustream
What other information could help technologists working on this idea?
Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter ,Ustream, Trailshuttle
Once a potential solution has been developed, what is your plan of action to implement it? Should arise as a series of steps and goals, preferably together with actions assigned to a specific group of people.
Creating a website
- Identify places that need to be preserved (create profiles of the places)
- Create content to feed into the website as well as to the trailshuttle application
- Video (under 1min)to raise awareness (borrow from Kony, call to action)
- Identify support (architects, Bangkok fans) and influencers (people from the entertainment biz, artists, etc.)
- Form a core support team for on the ground action, plan a flashmob activity (run up for video footage)
- Share the video on social media platforms to call for action (flashmob) Link to website
- Work with technology brand to create CSR campaign + contest (photography contest, themed to our cause)
- Invite people to visit the community using the trailshuttle application
- We need Ruby (U-stream), Jenny Lim (Nokia)
- Once the community grows set up a small festival that celebrates the community or the location