How can we motivate civil society members to volunteer?
NGO Lead: ENCUENTROS, youth house and Center of Studies and Publications
Project Participants: IDL, PROMSEX, PRODIÁLOGO, ESCUELAB, RUNASIMIPI, LAFACTURA
Summary of the Problem
- The search for and the supply of volunteers is dispersed, many institutions soliciting many profiles for many causes
- A platform that centralizes and articulates calls for volunteers does not exist.
- Design and implementation of a virtual platform about offers and requests for volunteering..
Technology to Solve the Problem
- YELLOW PAGES of volunteering in Peru.
- Institutions offering volunteering by profile, place for volunteering, cause, duration …
- People offering volunteering by profile, place of volunteering, cause, duration…
- Internet registration template
- Subscription to receive information by city,
- The more you help you have a distinction
- Diffusion via Facebook (@somosvoluntariosperu)
- Information and Tools of Assistance for volunteering (of benefit as much for institutions and organizations, as for people who seek to develop volunteering.)
- Diffusion vía twitter (#hashtag: #somosvoluntariosperu)
- Sending SMS alerts by subscription
- Map of organizations that solicit "profiles of volunteering" for their projects indicating the place that they would work, causes.
- Georeference map of organizations and NGOs that promote volunteering.
- Define agreements with communities of the technology type DRUPAL Perú (www.drupal.org.es) to establish a relationship of mutual Assistance. A Drupal developer up-to-date with practitioners of PHP or professionals.