How can we quickly, effectively and cheaply collect data in remote communities
Project Title: How can we quickly, effectively and cheaply collect data in remote communities
Group Number: 13
NGO Project Lead: IRC and Asia Election
Summary of the Problem
This is a description of the problem situation. What kind of people mission better if this problem is solved?
- Difficulty to deliver communication in and out refugee camp because of geographical and political access issue
- Limited access to collect data during disaster period/ emergency situation
- How to send a complex and large amount of data and translate them to just an short SMS during election period
This should provide an outline of the basic need that would solve the above problem.
- Problem 1 : Utilizing mobile tool that doesn’t require constant connection to mobile network , yet still user friendly and localized
- Problem 2 : defining chain of communication for collection information by utilizing SMS
- Problem 3 : simplification data into a short message and ability to decode it easily
Technology to Solve the Problem
Areas of technology that you believe have the potential to solve this problem? (eg mobile devices, social networks, geospatial technology, etc.). As the proposed solution could be used?
What other information could help technologists working on this idea?
- Problem 1 : Nokia Data Gathering
- Problem 2 : Frontline SMS
- Problem 3 : decoder dial
Once a potential solution has been developed, what is your plan of action to implement it? Should arise as a series of steps and goals, preferably together with actions assigned to a specific group of people.
- Problem 1: IRC will prepare for a pilot to utilizing Nokia Data Gathering to collect data
- Problem 3: Set up reporting system by only utilizing alphanumeric code