How to train in diverse locations without the need for much economic investment?
NGO Lead: Chamilo.org / Pilar Tello (IDEA intl.)
Project Participants: IDEA, IDEELE, REMURPE, CNR, PUCP, CEDEP, WAIMAKU
Summary of the Problem
It is necessary to develop Strategies and Mechanisms to training in diverse locations without the need for much economic investment.
IDEA, IDEELE, REMURPE, CNR, PUCP, CEDEP, WAIMAKU and all the organizations that need to do training in Democracy and Development in Peru.
- Set up a web platform for virtual training.
- Directed at:
- Local, regional and national authorities and representatives.
- Social leaders
- Political leaders.
- Functioning of the State. (IDEA / Remurpe)
- Communications tools. (CNR)
- Human rights (IDEELE)
- Gender (IDEELE)
- Transparency and Access to information /open goverment (Proètica)
Technology to Solve the Problem
Set up a LMS (Learning Management System) platform based on free software “chamilo.org”, managed by a network of related organizations.
In addition, develop abilities in streaming Tools:
- GTK RECORDMYDESKTOP
- Streaming + Portal de e-learning
1) NGOs/CSOs/Insts create a name and presentation paragraph (Ready!) 2) Chamilo.org sets up a basic or framework platform and send out a manual (Ready!) 3) NGOs/CSOs/Insts invite other organizations and share their material (three weeks) 4) Meeting in “escuelab” (lab school?) with technicians of organizations to upload courses and content and training them in the tools (in 4 weeks) 5) NGOs/CSOs/Insts deliver already existing courses and materials – optic: free licenses (in 8 weeks) 6) NGOs/CSOs/INSTS/CHAMILO/ESCUELAB Simultaneous launch of the platform using accounts on social networks of all the participating organizations (in 10 weeks).