How to use online tools to make peaceful protest in front of Goverment building
Video & Presentation
- How to use online tools to make peaceful protest in front of Goverment building
- Nataša Seferović MANS, MNE
- Adriana Osmani CBM
- Irmin Udmejden
- Dražana Cepir
- Elena Ignatova
- Damir Damjanović
- Petar Gabud
- Nina Šeremet
- Jovana Tripunović
SUMMARY OF THE PROBLEM
We want the people to be allowed to organize protests and rallys in front of government buildings in order for their problems to be more visible to other citizens and the media; We want the Dr. Mladen Stojanović park to become a symbol of democracy in Banja Luka (e.g. Hyde Park in london), where people could explain their problems and start creating critical mass for solving these problems.
PROPOSED SOLUTION - PARK
- All permission, financing and security issues are already resolved
Activities: topical discussions about antifacism and women's rights (March 8th, May 1st and May 9th)
- Translate general issues into more personal issues (with an app through which people could map their problems).
- Publishing the conclusions from discussions and gatherings (web site, social networks)
- Grass roots activism (street actions)
- Connecting with other organisations
- Online platform that uses mobile app. The mobile app maps the supporters of the action when they are near the park, and notifies them when there is something going on in the park. The platform visualises the supporters, showing them as dots on the map. The app. can also detect the number of times you attended the events in the park, and in this way you earn achievements.
- We will use social media (Facebook, Twitter) in order to giva a communication channel to the people who are not attending the event.
EXISTING SOLUTION OR RELEVANT LINKS
- Hyde park in London.
- Planning – November 2012
- Start of the activities – March 2013 – infinity
- Engaging in the social media, online tools and building a website – December 2012.