Mobilizing a network of students for social good
Summary of the Problem:
Students have great ideas but they need some help to implement them.
Summary of the Proposed Solution:
• Involve students to ensure the experience gathering for them.
• Tapping into student network that already exists.
• Reach out for the students and ensure their long-term involvement.
• Attract the most active students to reach to the other students.
• Use students’ organizations (alumni, ISIC, FLEX, university clubs other).
Technology to Solve the Problem:
• Other social websites
• Delfi.lt /.ru/.lv/ee
• NGO web sites
Existing solutions or relevant links:
• Delfi.lt – popular site among students (news website)
• Periodical fairs of social initiatives (concerts, etc.)
• Content of the website shall be on various other resources: on-line and off-line
• Using social networks
• Broadening out the content, highlighting the most important things.
• Advertising through various media
• Enlarge network and groups in the social networks
• Find organizations that are somehow involved already with the students community (to cooperate with them in posting on their websites)
• Use the existing large organization such as Universities to reach up youth
• Reach the right groups of persons (networking)
• Guidelines for the youth organization and organizations that are youth oriented
• Wiki page of the TechCamp
• Free and easy web pages