TechCamp Facilitator Guidance
Interactive Plenary (Spectogram)
- Get the MC’s to “Lean into the talking points”. Really get them to highlight each word.
- Get them to really make clear via intonation the juxtaposition in terms
Fast Paced Project Presentations (Speed Geeking)
- Choreograph the translators. Set them clearly in the schedule so they know ahead of time which topic they are translating.
- If possible, get the translators to meet with the tech facilitators so they we can determine which is best matched up
- Instruct the Tech Trainers to put some space between their words
- Ghettoize the language groups. Otherwise its too hard to figure out. If in Russian, and all the questions are coming in Russian, this is better.
- Get raw numbers of participants’ language preference to build the right number of groups
Topical Breakout Discussions (Drumbeat Session Notes)
- Have facilitators “announce the topic” with only a sentence and then go outside the room with a # Packard
- Instructions to participants
- “When you speak, make only one point”
- If you have N# of people in a group, only speak N amount of the time
Hands-on Training Sessions
- Spreadsheet with
- Tech Trainers, translators, projector needs
- Larger groups go to smaller room as a single group