TechCamp Morocco: Helping NGO Leaders Identify Donors
Group 11: Helping NGO Leaders Identify Donors
NGO Project Lead
Technologist Project Lead
Summary of the Problem
NGO Leaders and Community leaders need to define and reach an audience to raise funds for their project.
Summary of the Proposed Solution
Identify, locate, and convert supporters to funders. To do this, we will provide NGO’s with a checklist or planning document that will lead them to their own appropriate solution.
Example questions in checklist:
- Define your cause: what is your goal?
- How much do you need to raise? Be specific.
- Who would be interested in your cause? Why?
- Do you have a social media presence?
- What other NGO’s are doing work similar to mine? Research and reach out to form relationships.
- Research tools to find sister cities/partner programs and contact them to form relationships.
Technology to Solve the Problem
- Crowdfunding campaign (i.e. Indiegogo) – families, communities
- Website – to explain NGO’s mission and get feedback from audience
- Social Media –
- Facebook: create meetups/events and help with word of mouth
- LinkedIn: form connections with sponsors or FIND sponsors
- Twitter: word of mouth
- Platform to connect NGO’s doing similar work across the world – “I am an NGO that does X”
Step 1: Divide NGO doc responsibilities DEADLINE: today
Identify Supporters - Omar Find supporters - Youssef Contact supporters - Mounir Convert supporters to donors – Youssef El fakir Sustain supporters - Houssam
Step 2: Create google doc to collaborate making guide for NGO’s and invite all attendees DEADLINE: Nov 17 ASSIGNEE: Omar Chouiekh
Step 3: First draft of each section complete – meeting/skype/phone call DEADLINE: November 30 ASSIGNEE: All
Step 4: Second/Final draft DEADLINE: December 14
Step 5: Implementation DEADLINE: December 31
Step 6: Feedback/Edit