Using Social Media for Sensitive Issues such as Domestic Violence While Protecting Privacy and Anonymity
- VIDEO: Using Social Media For Sensitive Issues Such As Domestic Violence While Protecting Privacy And Anonymity
NGO Lead: Arwa Rinawi- JDC Israel
- Mahmoud Al Amor- Rayan Center
- Ofra Balaban- CEO of CHEN NGO
- Ruba Siman- Al Tofoula
Summary of the Problem
Ruba: we should concentrate on the stakeholders that are the beneficiaries.
Ofra: I disagree. I think that we should find a way to convince the other people to participate wthout knowing all the details.
Mahmoud: the question is about how to connect to stakeholders throughout social media.
Ruba: stakeholders are all the people involved in the issues.
Mahmoud: if we want to keep anonymity we should take that into consideration in solving the problem.
Ofra: the anonynimity is of the benificiaries. The stakeholders are everyone who is involved.
We are thinking of alternative solutions to convince people to talk to us. We believe in the interpersonal relationships.
Another solution is to cooperate with an exsisting organization that has done it before. We shouldn’t reinvent the wheel.
Technology to Solve the Problem
Social networks of exsisting ones. Facebook, linkedin, Google+, meetup…
People should know who we are in order to help us and agree to cooperate with us and the best way to do that is through social media.
- Ashoka Change Makers
- Global giving
- Share with beneficiaries the aspects they wish to conseal. What is privacy in their eyes
- Other sources of media as a back up plan for social media
- Limited photos collections, limited access to information (written consent)
- Using international visual resources