Web tool for Evaluation of the Teachers in the Elementary and Secondary schools and Faculties
- Web tool for Evaluation of the Teachers in the Elementary and Secondary schools and Faculties
NGO Project Lead:
Someone will be. WhyNot! would be nice
All Project Participants:
- Ministries of education, NGOs, Parents, Teachers, Schools/Faculties, Students
Summary of the Problem
This is a description of the problem situation. What kind of people mission better if this problem is solved? The main problem is non-existence of such system at first place. Establishing of such system would create better environment for cooperation among teachers and parents, but also for improvement of education system in general, increased accountability of the teachers, also of the parents and entire community. Improved transparency of school’s/faculties’ ways of work, minimization of the corruption and improvement of quality in education.
This should provide an outline of the basic need that would solve the above problem. Creation of web tool capable for online reporting of issues by parents (from elementary/secondary schools), and students (from faculties) related to education. Visibility and possibility of commenting it by wider community, submission to the relevant state institutions and continued monitoring of changes and/or progress, if any.
Technology to Solve the Problem
Areas of technology that you believe have the potential to solve this problem? (eg mobile devices, social networks, geospatial technology, etc.). Web app with geospatial technology, as the main tool. Mobile app could be some further step, but social networks are probably not such a good idea in this case. At least not for the core activities.
What other information could help technologists working on this idea? Other events are in progress. No existing solution. Just part of it exists at www.popravimiskolu.org, but not in this evaluation sense.
Once a potential solution has been developed, what is your plan of action to implement it?
- Step 1: Introducing all Ministries of education about it and signing agreement about cooperation with them.
- Step 2: Visiting all elementary/secondary schools and faculties and introducing them with project, its benefits and goals.
- Step 3: Creation of working groups from parents in the schools and students in the faculties who will be responsible for collecting data relevant for the web tool.
- Step 4: Workshops for the parents/students in all schools/faculties, for the selected groups of parents/students (councils of parents/students).
- Step 5: Creation of the web tool. Filling up with all relevant data corresponding to each school/faculty.
- Step 6: Promotion in the medias and continued monitoring.